The Joy of Eating
For most of us in this culture food is everywhere: on billboards, in magazines, at events and meetings, not to mention available at every street corner and often with 24-hour, easy access. This means that if food is fraught with anxiety for you, associated with 'good-bad' labels and the need for major willpower, you are in a battle with yourself nearly all your waking hours. It's this battle itself that wears you down, attacks your self-worth and paradoxically makes you too exhausted and full of self-defeat to ever be in the right place to make joyful choices.
I know of only one way to stop this battle, come back home to yourself and teach yourself bite-by-bite how to eat. I've done it myself, and I've taught it for years on my Embody workshop.
Imagine your eating being all about Joy (Aliveness + Ease + Love) instead of a seesaw of guilt and control.
Imagine giving clear and graceful leadership to food instead of it owning you.
Imagine eating becoming a path to peace and expansion for you, instead of a cause of shame and anxiety.
This is all infinitely possible. But not by getting obsessive about what you put in your mouth.
You have to shift your core relationship with food – what role it plays in your life – if you desire real and sustainable changes in your eating.
‘There is no medical, surgical or lifestyle treatment for weight or optimum nutrition that is effective long-term without a complete shift in the way we relate to food. Getting food right starts in your mind. When the mindset is right, and food is used as it should be, dietary intervention gets easy’.
Kelly Schreuder – Registered Dietician www.ctdietician.co.za
How can you do this?
Primarily by eliminating these Top Ten Eating Mistakes:
1. Eating mindlessly
2. Using food as a reward for yourself
3. Eating predominantly from your feelings (instead of your body)
4. Eating predominantly from your mind (instead of your body)
5. Eating to subconsciously please - or displease - anyone else
6. Eating from fatigue
7. Food as your main, or even only, source of pleasure
8. Insufficient pleasure in what and how you eat
9. Caring too little about food
10. Caring too much about food
Listen to this conversation to help you get started.
I’ve also created a unique online programme, called The Joy of Eating, which helps you undo these mistakes and rewire your relationship with food step-by-step.
I’ve used these understandings on my powerful Embody workshop for years, and they’re also the cause of my own 20kg weight loss.
The Joy of Eating Programme – by Angela Deutschmann
100 Days to a Joyful Relationship with Food
• Ten modules available
to you every ten days
• 20 to 30 minute audio talks to guide you
• Plus worksheets, reading suggestions and practical processes
• Access to a private Facebook Community where the work is shared and Angela gives personal feedback and responses to participants
• Will require at least two hours of work every ten days
To be part of the new eating revolution and take advantage of the programme price of R 2 350.00 please contact Garrick at email@example.com or 084 460 8667.
We look forward to helping create a world where food is in its right, balanced, joyful place.